Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shucks....

















Well as most of you know Jared and I spent last weekend down in south Texas. I was trying to shoot my first buck and Jared was just trying to get anything with four legs! Well i'll just get to the bad news so I can tell about our weekend...I saw the buck that my dad had spotted for me to get...Ann's Buck! Already labeled and even a space on the wall marked and ready to hang...well my trophy is still frolicking in south Texas with all his lady friends! Maybe next season i'll get my buck! Jared didn't get anything either! So we are going to raid my dad's stash at some point..shhh don't tell him...no he already said we could have some of his..since he already got 3 this year!!! I also found out that when it comes to shooting a buck...I got a little excited! seeing all the antlers in the scope...it makes you a little jittery! Well besides the missed shot...don don don....we still had a great time! We were treated to the master suite in the cabin! Let me tell you...you really rough it down in south Texas!! The new digs are quite the comfort after an early morning and night hunt! We ate good thanks to my mom's cooking and we were quite entertained with 2 labs, 2 yes 2 german short haired pointers, and a cocker spaniel! Browning found him a little girl friend while he was down there! She is about a year old, and very pretty! She is a true hunting dog where Browning will just retrieve his stuffed turkey for us. She is about half of Browning's size but FULL of energy! They had a good time playing chase with each other and snuggling! Don't worry it was G rated...she's only 1!! Besides the dogs keeping us entertain we find it very relaxing down at the ranch. Jared and I both finished our books and enjoyed toasty fires in the fireplace each night. Browning slept pretty much all the way back home to Waco. He was pretty tired! Now we are back to our normal schedules! Hope you enjoy the pictures and the scenery of south Texas!!!

2 comments:

The Greats said...

Great hunting and ranch weekend story. You have entertained us well tonite with the pictures and the written word. Grandfather is sorry you missed your buck, but says to tell you that the good time with family and friends (and dogs), as well as the good cooking is really the main thing.
As we say in football speak, "Wait till next year!"

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann Marie,
We all had a good time at the ranch. Even though you did not get a deer you got to spend time with your dad. I also enjoyed spending time with you and Jared.
Love,
mom

The Lowe Wedding Day

The Lowe Wedding Day
I'm holding it together pretty well here!

Paradise

Paradise
On our honeymoon in Cozumel

PRECIOUS!!

PRECIOUS!!
My dad and my niece at the wedding!

About Me

My photo
Waco, Texas, United States
A photo is a freezed moment in time that can bring back an emotion, a smell, an age, a place that is meaningful to you and most important family memories. I hope to capture those memories! I have just dived into the world of photography and am LOVING it! Enjoy the pics!