Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yes even Teachers turn in Latework!!!

WOW what a week! It's been a very exciting, thrilling, long hours, exhausting, overwhelming, stressful, wonderful, amazing, ok i could keep going but i'll end it with REWARDING! My kids are great! They make me smile, laugh, and almost lose my voice! I have over 150, yes you read correctly! They are great though!! So I have yet to post pictures of my classroom, the mess water can do to a house and some Mexico pictures! Yes i know i am a little behind! The first week started out with a fire drill in second period! Way to really stress out a first year teacher...30 kids in first periodand a fire drill in second! So the kids got out safely, i remembered my little bag, forgot my class roster! And being the first day, there is no way to know who is in your class, their name, what they look like! So yea that was fun! But hey the August fire drill is over! YEAH! So day 2...everything was going great...well as great as it could be being the second day of school and my second day of school...well up UNTIL about 10 minutes before the bell is supposed to ring to release the kids from school! POWER OUTAGE! JOY! Yes a storm blew in and lighting hit a transformer! So we have to keep the kids past the bell, in the dark, do I have a flashlight...NO (but i do now) So the kids stay about an extra 20 minutes, until we can release them to go home! Day 3....the smoothest day so far!! I am really enjoying teaching...but BOY am i TIRED!!

So Friday evening...Jared got home from Seattle, so we went to a nice dinner to celebrate his homecoming and me starting teaching. Well all was going so NICE...UNTIL....we got home! It was quite depressing to discovery our house was flooded!! Our laundry room, kitchen, living room, dining room and pantry flooded. So we spent the rest of the night and morning pulling up flooring, vacuuming up water, and pretty much LOOSING it! Disasters don't really bring out the best in us! Never did we mention in our vows...in wetness and dryness!!!! That clause might need to be added to future engaged couples!!! HAHA!!So after that whole mess we will have new floors throughout the whole house!! So we have been spending what free time we do have picking out tile and pergo! It will look really nice once it is in place!! Key words being...IN PLACE! Hopefully this "little" (HAHA) project will be completed by next week...is this possible?!?! Am i being a little too ambitious in this hope?!?! Probably so!


On the beach

Sweet Summer Time!!

Looking Tan

So this is the tile i think we are going to go with...I'm finally going to get my backsplash! 1 positive!
The beautiful kitchen..HA..aka a 737 has landed!

Part of the living room...pretty right?!?

In the process of pulling up flooring! oh so fun...NOT!
Finally Classroom pictures!!!!

Calendar and once I get a lunch menu i will post it!!


Absent section, quote of the week, our school motto S.T.R.O.N.G

Textbooks, baskets, LOTS of cabinets
Mrs. Lowe's desk..HAHA ( my table skirt i did solo)!!!

my bulletin board
i made these curtains...with help from my mom!!



My first student! Such a cute one too!

Can you believe 30 desk fit in here!! I have since rearranged the room!

My ROOM!

No comments:

The Lowe Wedding Day

The Lowe Wedding Day
I'm holding it together pretty well here!

Paradise

Paradise
On our honeymoon in Cozumel

PRECIOUS!!

PRECIOUS!!
My dad and my niece at the wedding!

About Me

My photo
Waco, Texas, United States
A photo is a freezed moment in time that can bring back an emotion, a smell, an age, a place that is meaningful to you and most important family memories. I hope to capture those memories! I have just dived into the world of photography and am LOVING it! Enjoy the pics!